Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On the Groovy Road: Headed for the Orlando Comic Con

Wow...what a weekend! I hardly know where to begin so I will simply give you a play by play and hope that you don't get too bored along the way. ;)

No, did not mean to rhyme. Left at around noon on Friday, headed to Orlando, for the Orlando Comic Con at the Caribe Royale Resort. Car packed, snacks for along the way and we were set.

Stopped in Clermont for lunch at the Cracker Barrel. My hubby loves that place so we went in there. Picture this...going into country Cracker Barrel wearing a black velvet dress with red lace sleeves with black fringe. My new pocket watch was pinned to the front of me with a black ribbon. In my hair was a cute little red bow with a bat on it from Natey at FreekyFallz which I thought rather nifty.

So, we sit down at Cracker Barrel and the waitress asked me if I was going to a Ren Fest. I told her "no" and explained who I was. She asked for card and then this other waitress came running up to the table and said "Who is she? I want a card!"
So about that time, everyone is looking at me and asking who I was. It was rather funny. I needed a sense of humor because when we left, we got halfway down the road and just my luck, the clutch cable on my car snapped. I managed to get the car off onto the shoulder but here is yet another mental picture for you...

State Road 50, busy, busy, busy, the type of road that is non-stop day and night. We were in the middle of nowhere between downtown Clermont (which is getting built up but is still out in the middle of nowhere in parts. Nope couldn't break down in town...had to break down in the middle of nowhere...) and Winter Garden, which was the next biggest town.

I called Triple A and they said it would be a 45 minute to an hour wait. I asked them hurry because standing on the side of the road in a long, black velvet dress in 90 degree heat was not fun. The tow truck driver made it in about a half hour and we were on our way to my parent's house.

We got to use our Sun Pass too. Yes, I am easily amused, that I get such joy out of a Sun Pass. We have a Sun Pass to use on Florida toll roads and it was so cool! A little beep and your toll is automatically deducted as you pass under the toll ramp. No fishing for money, no nothing...yes, I know...I am strange.

So we made it to my parents, and my brother was on his way home from work with a clutch cable for my car, thanks to my dad calling him.

Once my brother got home, hubby got into the car (and under it) and had it fixed in about 15 minutes and then after freshening up, we headed to the convention to unload my books. It was around 8 PM by this time and so after unloading my books, I spent the rest of the night wandering around Downtown Disney with my pal, actor Darryl Baldwin of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Adventure at MGM Studios and hubby, watched Resident Evil Extinction (please don’t ask me what I thought of it) and ate a late dinner at Planet Hollywood.

The weekend did improve with me almost selling out by Sunday morning and I was thrilled. As luck would have it, the “adventure” home was nil and we arrived in good time with no trouble along the way.

But the getting there, I have to tell you…started off rough! ;)

Road Trip by
Andrea Dean Van Scoyoc

http://www.myspace.com/gothicscrybe


Andrea Dean Van Scoyoc
Best Seller-Two Time Award Winner
VOA Haunted Voices Radio Network Corp.
SE Regional Rep - The IOHP
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/

No comments: